The application time for admission of students in different classes in government high schools has been extended. Applications can be submitted till 5 pm on January 8. Applications for the extension began at 5pm on Wednesday. The digital lottery will be held on January 11 at 3 pm through software.
The time has been extended by the order of the High Court, said the Director General of the Department of Secondary and Higher Education (Mausir), Prof. Syed Mohammad Golam Farooq. He said students who were denied application due to age are also able to apply. As a result, there is no obstacle for the application of sixth class candidates. Besides, other people who could not apply due to various reasons have also been able to apply at this time.
It is learned that from December 15 to December 26, online applications were taken for admission in 305 high schools across the country, including 44 in the capital. According to the announcement, the lottery activities of the applicants were to be completed on December 30. But due to the mentioned age policy, many students could not be admitted. Because in the admission policy issued by the Ministry of Education on November 15, 2016, it is said that the students must be at least 8 years old for admission in the first class. Since then, the minimum age for admission in 6th class has been fixed in the online software. As a result, those who were younger could not fill the application form.
Mizanur Rahman, the father of one of the students from Munshiganj, filed a writ petition in the high court. The preliminary hearing of the writ on Tuesday, Justice JBM Hasan and Justice. The High Court bench of Khairul Alam issued the order along with the rules. The High Court stayed the decision of the Ministry of Education on November 15, 2016, setting an age limit for admission.